Keep your Mailchimp marketing email list in sync with your customers in Jane! Your customers in Jane will automatically be added to your Mailchimp list if they have opted into marketing emails.
The fields that will move over to Mailchimp include:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Birth Date
- Last Visit Info
- Visit Count
- Discharged Status
- City, Province and Country
How to sync your Mailchimp account
Before you begin, you’ll need the following:
- a Mailchimp account (the free account will do just fine). You can sign up here.
- at least one Mailchimp list (aka an Audience in Mailchimp land). Here’s how to add a list in Mailchimp.
If you have owner privileges in Jane, head to the Settings area and click the Integrations item in the menu on the left. Next click the “Get Started” button in the Mailchimp section.
The page will list any Mailchimp lists that you have already connected. To add your first list click the “Authenticate your Mailchimp account” button. This will take you over to Mailchimp to enter your username and password.
Next you’ll be back in Jane and can select any of your Mailchimp lists from a dropdown. If you don’t see any lists, you will need to create a list in Mailchimp first. See above.
Select the list you would like to sync with, and click Save.
That’s it. You’re done. Jane will automatically keep your lists in sync, according to the “Marketing Emails” opt-in checkbox on your customers’ profiles in Jane.
And speaking of that opt-in checkbox, if you already have permission granted from your customers to opt-in, you can opt-in your customers in bulk, via Settings > Online Booking
Just be sure that you’re staying in compliance with your local anti-spam legislation.
Checking Patient Subscriptions
If you want to check whether a patient is subscribed to your Mailchimp list, there’s an easy way to do it.
First head over to the patient’s profile by selecting them in the Patient section.
Once you’re there, scroll down to find a Mailchimp section with a “Check Member Status” link.
When you click the link, it’ll show you if they’re subscribed or not. Here’s what each of those statuses means:
- Subscribed - The patient has been sent to Mailchimp and is subscribed to your mailing list
- Unsubscribed - The patient has been sent to Mailchimp but they are NOT subscribed to your mailing list
- Never Added - The patient hasn’t been sent to Mailchimp, likely because they have opted out of marketing emails since they signed up.
And for those of you interested in learning a bit more about what MailChimp has to offer, check out one of the webinar we hosted as part of our online Allied Conference sessions.