💡This guide assumes that you already have an online appointment booked in with your provider. You will want to reach out to your clinic directly if you are unsure!
Let’s get you connected for that upcoming video call!
If you have received an Appointment Reminder email that was sent to you by your provider, it will include a direct link to login into your My Account area and get ready for your upcoming online appointment.
Alternatively, you can access this same area by logging into your account by visiting your clinic’s Jane site, using the Sign In/Sign Up button in the top right-hand corner.
The URL to the clinic’s Jane site will look something like clinicnamehere.janeapp.com— often, clinics will include a direct link to their Jane online booking site on their website, but you can always ask if you are unsure!
Once you have logged into your account, you will want to navigate to the Upcoming Appointments tab on the lefthand side, then click the blue Begin button next to today’s appointment.
💡For your security and privacy, Jane’s Online Appointment is not designed to record or store audio or video and all electronic audio and video communication will be encrypted in transit.
On the next page, you will see a quick reminder to use the right browser and a fast internet connection for the video call. Jane and the clinic will need your consent before your video call begins. To provide it, click the I Consent button.
We recommend you use the latest stable version of Chrome as well as a fast internet connection. If you’re having trouble with your Online Appointment, refer to this troubleshooting guide.
This will start the call in a separate window.
Once you have joined the call, you will be able to:
- Mute or unmute your audio
- Enable or disable the video camera
- Send messages to the other participant
Heres what each of the icons do, starting from the left:
- Screen share - A picture is worth a thousand words and sharing your screen with your practitioner helps share that information easier!
- Raise hands - Click this to politely let the practitioner know that you want to speak.
- Text Chat Window - Use this to chat with your practitioner through text and emojis
- Mute/Unmute - Great for those moments when you need to mute sounds during the call
- Leave call - When you’re finished with your call, click here or simply close the tab.
- Enable/Disable video - Click here to enable or disable your video
- Tile View - Tile view lets you see everyone side by side
- More actions
- Profile - Want to change your name in the chat
- Change video quality (High, Normal, Low, Low bandwidth) - If you’re finding the video a little choppy, lower the video quality here to help maintain a smooth online appointment
- View full screen
- Settings - Opens the window to see all the settings mentioned above
When you are ready to end the call, click the red Leave Call button at the bottom of the screen.