We’re looking for an Accounting Associate to help us expand our small, yet mighty, Finance team at Jane. Our Finance team is crucial in ensuring our financial records are kept in top shape to help forecast Jane’s exciting growth trajectory. We work closely with the People Operations team to provide a delightful employee experience for our Janers and help them lead thriving careers. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your attention to detail by owning the full accounts payable cycle and support the entire Jane team by ensuring payroll processing is accurate and bulletproof. This is the perfect role to kickstart your accounting career in the fast-paced tech industry while receiving excellent mentorship and work experience to complement your studies in the CPA program and become a well-rounded accounting professional.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA, so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams' voices aren't just heard, but are acted upon. We're building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Last year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 70, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
- Manage the entire accounts payable cycle in Quickbooks Online by ensuring all transactions are coded corrected, invoices are approved via Slack workflows and payments to vendors are made on time.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all CAD and USD bank accounts.
- Reconcile all credit card transactions using Float, our new expense management tool.
- Prepare Canadian and US payroll using workflows in our HRIS (Bob) and make any required changes in Ceridian Powerpay and Paychex.
- Complete any required Canadian and US tax filings.
- Actively delight our team members by creating useful FAQ guides and resources related to finance functions.
- Working with the team and stakeholders to create, update, and maintain Notion pages for Janers and People Leads.
- Working closely with People Operations, Recruitment, and IT to prepare new Janers for their journey. This includes onboarding team members in payroll and benefits.
- Assist with data entry tasks as needed in Carta, our stock option management tool.
- Support the Jane team on a day-to-day basis via Slack and by answering questions about benefits, Finance policies, and more through our #ask_people_anything Slack channel.
So what are we specifically looking for?
- Degree in accounting or completion of all the requirements to register in the CPA PEP Program.
- Some relevant experience in accounting or payroll would be ideal, however, a good understanding of accounting principles and a willingness to learn are key. Bonus points if you’ve worked in tech before.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ethical integrity and the ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrate curiosity, and not be afraid to question the status quo. We have a ton of work to figure out in the finance team at Jane, and we need someone who will grow with us.
- Passion for improving processes and using technology to help make the Finance team more efficient.
- You’ve demonstrated resilience in ambiguous, unstructured, and complex scenarios that you can navigate ambiguously.
- Someone actively seeking mentorship to start their exciting career path as an accounting professional in the tech industry.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.