We are looking for a Director of Customer Onboarding to join our team and help us build something a little different. Product and Customer led growth. It might sound familiar but we are looking to build growth through our existing customers. It's about adding copious amounts of value to our community so they feel so good about being part of Jane that they continue to tell all of their friends which, ultimately, fuels our growth. Importantly, this all starts with value during the Demo cycle and Activation; giving customers that aha moment that keeps them moving through the product, forming habits and ultimately adopting.
You’ll be an innovator, a game-changer and a person that doesn’t want to default to doing things the way others do. Jane has been built by building rich relationships with our customers and it’s their happiness that fuels our growth. We have one large team that looks after Prospect → Activation → Adoption & Success → Advocacy & Churn. We take our customer journey seriously and only ‘sell’ to good-fit customers. We say ‘sell’ because we are product-led and have no sales team, our product sells itself. We are looking for the person who is going to obsess over growth, activation, product-market fit, competitor understanding and Product Led Growth with us, it's a big role, and dang is it fun.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counselors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led, and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
Here are some of the key areas we're looking for you to make an impact:
- Leading through heart and Jane's values will be key to success in this role. Deeply connecting into the why ensuring everybody understands it and is bought along for the journey is a must.
- Leading your team and leading leaders: initially leading and inspiring a small team of doers to be highly successful in their roles and careers which could grow into team expansion and leading leaders.
- Leading Jane: with so many opportunities to work and influence cross-functionally, it is critical that we show up as our best selves; high communication, living our values, helping each other and bringing everyone along for the ride.
- Leadership success: team engagement, the ability to enable cross-functional success (defined through KPIs set at the team and project level) and impact on Janes's top-level goals (which include eNPS).
- Evaluate & Purchase (signup flow, self-serve: white glove, ensuring assessing/purchasing Jane is effortless)
- Manage and Coach our Demo Lead to continued success: fit is key to Jane. While demos are set up to delight prospects and create positive buzz around Jane, ensuring that customers are going to gain maximum benefit from our product is priority number one. We are very clear with our stretch and bad fit customers (actively discouraging the latter).
- Activation & Adoption (taking Jane users from signup > aha moment > establishing a habit)
- Lead our Onboarding function: as with most things at Jane, Onboarding is a team game. Our key goals are Activation and Adoption driven by product, tech-touch and human power. We are not afraid to throw bodies at a problem to enable our learning on the path toward product excellence. This team is definitely cross-functional and will continue to partner deeply with our PM and Dev team. In fact, we have a dedicated team of Full Stack Developers, Product Managers and UX Designers taking ownership of onboarding.
- Lead our New Account Set up function: some of our customers like a bit of hand-holding to help them set up their accounts and we are happy to do so. Connecting to our customers why enables us to guide our customers through to Activation. A mix of well-written guides, tech touch, and our Support team, not to mention our amazing product gets customers to that important moment of Adoption.
- Data Imports: another key function to get our customers up and running. Ensure this team is set up for success in offering highly satisfactory imports to get customers up and running fast whilst looking for ways to improve the experience, our efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Maximize product and feature usage.
- Enable our customer base: we are huge believers in the value exchange at Jane. We offer products for a monthly fee and we want our customers to feel like they would pay 10x more due to the value Jane delivers. We need to enable the right motions (potentially teams) to ensure our customers find maximum value at both a product and feature level. Longer-term goals here could look like; usage expansion, license expansion, upgrades, and JanePayments usage. This will be a place where we run lots of small experiments, learn fast and iterate forward.
- Truly understand and move on the actionable opportunities in our Churn. Be curious.
- Understand our regrettable and non-regrettable Churn from a quantitative and qualitative perspective.
- Be proactive in approaching all Churn opportunities working to move earlier in the customer journey where possible (supported by data and/or an experiment where possible). Opportunities could include; onboarding, Support, market intel, Marketing, etc).
- Move fast to share insights and work cross-functionally to improve our customers' experience resulting in less regrettable Churn.
- Celebrate the right non-regrettable Churn with the aim of thanking and delighting our exiting customers (for example, we currently send onesies to customers going on maternity leave and flowers to customers who are retiring).
- Using data to enable decisions.
- We are still early in our data journey but using the right data as part of the puzzle to support decision-making will be a key element of success in this role.
- We as a company and this role are at the stage where we need a doer that can build.
- Maybe you are pulling your own data, digging into processes, or looking into the right tooling to support us, either way, we are looking for someone that can’t help but get in there and lead from the front in the right moments.
- We have lots of coaching and mentorship opportunities with a fantastic group of people who are smart and hungry to learn. Sometimes you will be riding a sidecar, sometimes you might be driving.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.