As our second IT Administrator, your primary responsibility will be assisting our Sr IT Administrator to help support our client-side IT infrastructure. You will be helping to support our team’s IT needs, so we are looking for someone who can combine their technical skillset with patience, ability to prioritize, and also find creative solutions to scale Jane’s internal processes as our team continues to grow.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it’s important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Of course, it’s not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
Jane offers reasonable hours, competitive salaries, and great benefits. More than that, we offer a chance to help build something special, which we back up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
** Though Jane is a remote-first employer, this position will require you to come into the North Vancouver office so that you can help setup our devices for delivery to our remote staff. **
- You have demonstrated great customer service skills and can solve IT problems in a friendly manner.
- You have experience supporting MacOS, MacBook devices, Google Workspace (G Suite), and work with a wide range of technologies and service providers.
- You have experience implementing new technologies and have proven experience suggesting and establishing ways to improve internal IT processes.
- You have awesome verbal and written communication skills, attentiveness to detail, and are comfortable asking questions for clarification and understanding.
- Presentation and facilitation skills - manage different pacings for onboarding.
- Bonus: experience with identity management tool like Okta or Ping.
- Bonus: Experience with Mac-based Mobile Device Management (like JAMF or Mosyle).
- Onboarding facilitation - Guide cohorts of new Jane staff through computer and software account setup during their first week at Jane. This includes helping folks who’ve never used a Mac with how to get acquainted with their new device.
- Basic IT troubleshooting - All the usual troubleshooting: password requests, account management, software upgrades, computer and accessory troubleshooting.
- Asset management - You’ll be using Mosyle to refine the settings that help manage our fleet of Macs. You’ll also respond to the needs of the team to create different configurations that meet the needs of different teams. You’ll use Mosyle’s information to help ensure that our devices are being kept up-to-date with our security requirements.
- IT procurement - You’ll be working with our Sr IT Administrator to manage our inventory so that we have all the devices in our inventory before we need them.
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, tell us your story.