We have two goals on the newly formed product marketing team at Jane: 1) help us get to market and 2) help us stay there! With that in mind, we have a LOT of exciting work to do, so we’re on the lookout for our first-ever Product Marketing Manager!
As our Product Marketing Manager you’re going to lead some majorly exciting milestone launches, support with a new website creation, and drive extreme growth through experiments and strategy. We have a product our customers love—we just need some PMM magic to let the world know about it! There are no silos here. As a product-led company, you partner with your Product team from ideation through to delivery and work with Customer and Marketing teams to amplify customer delight as we ship value to our customers. You’ll be part of defining product marketing at a rocket ship with the support of world-class teammates, so now is the time to join…!
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA, so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams’ voices aren’t just heard, but are acted upon. We’re building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Last year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 70, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
To be successful in this role...
- Lead a high number of milestone launches: implementing and iterating on our new launch processes as you go.
- Introduce segment-specific needs such as messaging and enablement into our go-to-market plans and website experience.
- Lead high-value feature adoption through a series of growth experiments and campaigns.
- Build and maintain relationships with a large number of internal stakeholders across all departments, educating them on what Product Marketing is as you do.
- Autonomously take on market research to understand how to evolve our segmentation and market understanding
So what are we specifically looking for?
- You’re mission-driven and need a bigger WHY behind your work. You want to advocate for the helpers and work with passionate founders, people, and for a product your customers love.
- You have an opinion on what amazing product marketing looks like. You’re looking for the opportunity to bring your PMM expertise to a high-growth company where you can help build a great product marketing culture.
- You’re a product or feature launch pro—you’ve led at least 1 major launch from ideation through to completion. (Hey, if you’ve lead a few minor launches with lots of learnings you could be a great fit too!)
- You understand the difference between writing a tagline and crafting impactful narratives. You’re passionate about differentiated positioning that lands with your audience—in their words, not marketing jargon.
- Collaboration is where you thrive! Ideating with different teams, pulling together ideas, and advocating for cross-team wins is what people love about working with you.
- You’re looking for a new challenge in the form of building out new go-to-market motions for a company at scale.
- You want to learn more about experimentation and how you can drive expansion through feature adoption.
Bonus points for...
- Have worked in a high growth or fast-paced tech company before
- Have experience in different research methodologies
- Have used Jane App before
- Highly competitive base salary
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.