Jane is looking to add a QA Engineer to our ranks. All job postings for tech start ups end up sounding the same, so we’ll try to communicate some specifics about what Jane is all about and if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Jane is a home-grown, bootstrapped startup. This means we’ve been growing a real business out of our own revenue for over 5 years now. We have the luxury and security of not having a zero-cash date like some some ventured-backed companies.
Jane was founded by a product-person and a customer-person, who are now the Co-CEO’s. This means the two main teams at Jane (the product and the customer support team) are both led by doers who understand the job. We don’t have any suits here. We don’t even have a sales team. We’re building a really good product that is selling fast because people love it.
Jane’s dev team have a lot of autonomy. Our devs get to really own the projects they’re working on from beginning to end. We’re focusing a lot on code quality and getting to nerd out on exploring the best possible ways to build things. At the same time, we’re moving fast. Releasing updates daily and being really responsive to what we’re hearing from our users. Performant and comprehensive automated testing is key to allowing our teams to act quickly and with confidence; this is where you come in.
Jane’s road map is exciting. Well, we think so. From integrating Jane with various insurance companies all over the world, to introducing new features like secure HIPAA compliant chat, to data-sciencing the massive amounts of data we’re accumulating and providing cool insights to our users, we’ve got a lot of great projects on the go.
Jane has a pretty great office in North Vancouver. Some of us go for an early morning run in the mountains before starting the day. Sometimes the whole office stops for a 15 minute yoga session led by one of our yogi support team members. We’ve got a ridiculously good coffee program and we tend to celebrate frequently with good food and drinks (the brewery across the street is helpful for that).
Our product team also has flexibility around their hours. Traffic sucks, so we don’t want people sitting in it. Some choose to start early, some start late and work late. Some do a split shift for a mid-day brain break. We’re open to figuring out a schedule that works.
So what are we specifically looking for?
- Experience with writing e2e tests using NightWatchJS and pipeline integration
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Strong command of git
- Familiarity with project management tools such as GitHub issues and/or Jira
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks
- Familiar with cross-browser testing
- Experience using cloud-based testing platforms like BrowserStack or SauceLabs
- Passion for making things better
- Comfortable helping out with manual testing when needed… but better automation will make that rarer and rarer
- Just a generally good human that we like to work with
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development processes
- Experience with Ruby, Ruby-on-rails, Postgres, React, Rspec, Mocha
- Experience with load testing and security testing
If you’re interested in knowing more about Jane and the opportunity to work here, let’s have a coffee. Or a beer.
Send us an email at email@example.com