We’re looking for a Senior People Partner to partner with our Product Development (PD) group at Jane to help us build a healthy, engaged, and impactful team. Our PD group consists of a wide array of folks, from developers, to designers, to product managers, to technical program managers and beyond as we continue to grow. This is our team of builders at Jane, their love for our product fuels their passion to constantly make it better for our allied health community. As Jane’s reach expands across new disciplines and we broaden the impact of our product, our PD teams are growing rapidly to build a better Jane.
We’ve built a thriving PD team over the years and what we are really looking for is that person who can help us to take things to the next level across all elements of the team. The Senior People Partner will work directly with a passionate and fun group of PD leaders on impactful initiatives to scale the team and be a hands-on coach to our people leaders and team members. We’re looking for an innovator and out of the box thinker. Someone who knows the standard 'HR playbooks' but is more interested in the right solution for the business, teams and humans in front of them. The magic of Jane is in how we lead our work with “heart”. The Senior People Partner will infuse this heart-led approach into all of their work.
Beyond the great work you’ll get to do with our PD team, there’s a ton of great projects to scoop up in the People team as we build our foundation. If we’ve caught your interest up to now, read on!
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA, so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams' voices aren't just heard, but are acted upon. We're building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Last year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 70, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
To be successful in this role…
- Build strong relationships with the PD team as their trusted People Partner, with a strong business acumen and understanding of the team.
- Empowering our People Leaders through coaching and skill-building to build long-term excellence in our leaders.
- Will be a subject matter expert and provide guidance on career growth, compensation, engagement, and performance consulting.
- Providing high-touch, just-in-time, support for Janers through tricky situations that come up at work and in their personal lives that may be impacting their work, and coming up with unique ways to support them through their challenges (thinking about what’s best for this unique person and situation, not just defaulting to “process”).
- Take on key projects alongside PD leadership to improve and help scale the org. Taking a proactive approach by putting your hand up and getting excited about helping the helpers.
- Helping build diverse teams by working closely with recruitment and fostering a psychologically safe and connected culture by building inclusive leadership skills and taking actions to create fair opportunities for all Janers to flourish.
- Supporting Janers through their employee lifecycle, from onboarding, career transitions, personal life changes, to offboarding.
- Working in close partnership with leaders to bring the People lens and expertise as they work through ways to scale Jane (including org structure changes, role changes, promotions, employment endings).
- May lead and/or participate in People team projects that will improve the Jane employee experience. In particular, we’re searching for folks that have a strong aptitude and interest in compensation and/or learning & development.
Your responsibilities in this role include:
- Ideally 5+ years HR experience, and minimum 3 years experience as a People Partner / HR Business Partner.
- Experience partnering with Senior Leadership (Director / VP / Department Head) on organizational changes and providing strategic advice in the people space.
- Experience building high trust relationships across all levels, with strong business acumen.
- The ability to understand complex people problems, demonstrating curiosity and asking the right questions to ensure people problems move forward.
- Knowing when and how to bring perspective, compassion, and confidence to complex people situations.
- The ability to adapt your communication to different styles and meet people where they are.
- Experience gathering information and sentiment with a grassroots approach to keep a “pulse” of the teams, and surface them up to leaders to help them identify where, and how, they need to lean in.
- The skill to work through difficult conversations, and share candid feedback (balancing care and assertiveness) with people leaders and all Janers to help them grow.
- The ability to work quickly and independently, as a senior member of a lean People team.
Bonus points for:
- Experience partnering with Product Development teams (Engineering, PM, UX) in a high-growth organization.
- Experience in compensation and/or learning & development.
- Coaching certification.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.