Jane is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join the Developer Foundations team in a missional, high-performance, hyper-growth company. In this role, you would have a chance to expand best practices, delivery excellence, and quality for the entire dev organization. In this high visibility job, you would be playing a critical role in helping us adopt some stronger common practices around our quality automation culture and help build out and support the roadmap for the Developer Foundations team. You and the rest of your team would be partnered with your Dev Manager counterpart to drive the thought leadership around this and bring us to best in class SaaS operations.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. A happy, healthy, and connected team is in the DNA of Jane and so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams' voices aren't just heard, but are acted upon. We're building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 10 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led, and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 250 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Last year alone we’ve grown our development team from 36 to 70, and the product team has doubled as a whole. 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as we’re investing heavily into patient experience with our first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing our telehealth experience, building our own (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing new features like HIPAA compliant chat.
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
To be successful in this role...
- You have a strong background in automation frameworks such as Behaviour Driven Development, Module Based Testing, or Data-Driven Testing.
- Knowledgeable background with Restful API testing.
- You have experience working with software that implements these frameworks such as Cucumber, Protractor, or Selenium.
- Sufficient experience writing and organizing test cases and test suites.
- You are well versed in applying Agile to highly interrupt-driven teams and have a track record of helping them be very effective execution machines.
- You’ve supported teams who are responsible for the deployment, monitoring, and support of code running in production.
- You have participated in empowering multiple teams to own their delivery and execute within a new mindset around quality culture.
- You are data-driven and know how to leverage tooling and data to help provide insights into quality metrics and to use those insights to communicate with the teams doing the day-to-day work.
- You have a strong background in SaaS startups going through hyper-growth, having helped scale quality practices across multiple teams and are familiar with 100% year-over-year growth pressures.
- You have an ISTQB certification
- Any experience with mobile device testing.
- You have worked in various environments with different project management and agile methodologies and know them all at a very advanced level.
- Extended healthcare from day one.
- Parental top-up.
- Participation in Jane’s employee stock option plan (JSOP).
- Investment in your career development & growth.
- $500 annual health spending account.
- Generous vacation policy along with your birthday off!
- Three annual Jane-cation days: additional days off.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.