Have a passion for people and building high-functioning teams? Does the idea of finding a diamond in the rough excite you? Or maybe you’re an experienced technical recruiter looking for a new home at a fast growing start-up? We want to meet you!
All job postings for tech start ups end up sounding the same, so we’ll try to communicate some specifics about what Jane is all about and if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of. Jane is a home-grown, bootstrapped startup. This means we’ve been growing a real business out of our own revenue for over 5 years now. We have the luxury and security of not having a zero-cash date like some some ventured-backed companies.
Jane was founded by a product-person and a customer-person, who are now the Co-CEO’s. This means the two main teams at Jane (the product and the customer support team) are both led by doers who understand the job. We don’t have any suits here. We don’t even have a sales team. We’re building a really good product that is selling fast because people love it.
Jane has a pretty great office in North Vancouver. Being located at the base of the North Shore mountains means that after-work mountain biking and snowboarding is super easy. Some of us even manage an early morning trail run before starting the day.
We’ve got a ridiculously good coffee program and we tend to celebrate frequently with good food and drinks. Jane’s road map is exciting. Well, we think so. From integrating Jane with various insurance companies all over the world, to introducing new features like secure HIPAA-compliant chat, to data-sciencing the massive amounts of data we’re accumulating and providing cool insights to our users, we’ve got a lot of great projects on the go.
Our current dev team loves Jane. Our only problem is that there isn’t enough of them! We need to get the word out that Jane is a great place to work. This is where you come in.
Things we’d be looking for you to do:
- Work with team leads to identify gaps and needs early
- Proactively search out great Jane-fit talent, maintaining a healthy talent pipeline
- Source candidates via web scrapes, recruiting websites, employee referrals, on-site recruiting, recruiting partners, and other sources
- Assessing applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes via resumes, screening calls, and skills assessment assignments
- Attend local events, conferences and meetups to source talent
- Schedule interviews and phone screens working directly with candidates and hiring managers
- Update and maintain candidate records and job postings in recruiting systems and confirm new hires
- Provide follow-up correspondence to candidates on recruiting status via phone and email
- Coordinate post-interview debrief meetings and provide debrief materials
- Identify opportunities to improve candidate experience and scheduling efficiency
- Managing offers and coordinating onboarding
- Assist in the coordination of other recruiting activities as needed
The right candidate may also be invited to take on additional responsibilities:
- Monitoring market conditions to ensure that Jane remains a competitive destination for top-tier developers
- Iterating on our hiring process to optimize for quality
- Work with other parts of Jane to define a cohesive employer brand
So what are we specifically looking for?
- 2+ years of experience sourcing talent in the Vancouver (or similarly competitive) technology market
- Enough familiarity with the JS (React) and Ruby on Rails skillsets to be able to spot the gems
- Great written and spoken communication
- Even better people skills
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization with diplomacy and professionalism
Bonus points for:
- experience with the Government of Canada’s Global Talent Stream program
If you’re interested in knowing more about Jane and the opportunity to work here, let’s have a coffee or a beer. This is a full-time position but open to those interested in an in-house contract.
We look forward to hearing from you!