We’re looking for a talented Web & Graphic Designer with a creative eye that can help transform our Jane Marketing Site. They will work closely with the product-focused Content Team that creates all of Jane’s external content and Jane’s public-facing personality. They will help tell our story to a worldwide audience, keeping within our brand standards and being the voice of improving our visuals as our company grows.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it’s important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about and with these, hopefully you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Jane is a home-grown, profitable startup. This means we’ve been growing a real business out of our own revenue for over 7 years now. We have the luxury and security of not having a zero-cash date like some venture-backed companies.
Jane was founded by a product-person and a customer-person, who are now the Co-CEOs. This means the two main teams at Jane (the product and the customer support team) are both led by doers who understand the job. We don’t have any suits here. We don’t even have a sales team! We’re building a really good product that is selling fast because people love it.
Jane is headquartered in North Vancouver but is a remote-first employer, welcoming candidates from anywhere in Canada. In order to keep our employees, candidates, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, our team is working from home across Canada. All interviewing, onboarding and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
Jane does have a great office in North Vancouver, overlooking both the mountains and the ocean, and that will be available for people to work in once the pandemic restrictions are removed. But we’re really focused on creating a great hybrid work experience, where working remotely or in an office both offer an exceptional work environment.
Jane’s road map is exciting. We have some interesting and challenging projects on the go including covid vaccination scheduling, video conferencing, global insurance integrations, our own (J)analytics platform & marketplaces! Not to mention the fascinating journey of scaling our team and processes.
Jane offers sane hours, competitive salaries, and great benefits. More than that, we offer a chance to help build something special, which we back up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
What you’ll be doing
- Owning the journey of Jane’s Website ensuring our customers understand how Jane can help change their lives as practitioners.
- Working primarily with the product-focused Content Team to design landing pages to support their acquisition efforts.
- Creating style guides and templates while ensuring Janes brand is consistent throughout.
- Reviewing and quality checking all work that is being put out into the world.
- Help to produce designs for digital and print - educational/marketing materials, banners, landing pages, product ads, sales/marketings PDFs, cover graphics for videos, just to name a few.
- Sit in on design team meetings with the opportunity to learn more about the product side and to showcase your work.
- Staying on top of the latest design trends and sharing that knowledge with the team.
What you bring to the team
- 2+ years relevant experience in web & graphic design.
- Proficient in Adobe CC; Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Exceptional eye for detail with a good understanding of knowing your audience.
- Strong portfolio showcasing website experience as well as meticulous layout and typographic skill.
- Highly organized individual with an ability to thrive within a fast paced environment.
- UI/UX Design
- HTML & CSS
Does this sound right up your alley? Apply below with a link to your portfolio and tell us your story :)