We love the Jane Community and want to keep it a special, friendly and open place where everyone feels comfortable and welcome. We ask that all community members adhere to four simple community standards to help us maintain this goal: Be Nice, Be Friendly, Be Helpful, and (When in Doubt) Be Jane.
Hello Jane Community!
First of all, we want to say just how much we love the Jane Community. It’s one of the things - perhaps even the thing - that makes Jane so incredibly special.
As we grow as a company, our community grows with us. The Jane Community exists within our offices, our platform, phone calls, emails, in-person events and social media.
So, to protect both what is special about Jane and also the members of our community (including customers, employees and partners) we want to establish a plan to maintain trust and safety within the Jane Community. We are doing this by creating a set of community standards that will help build and maintain a community grounded in Jane’s values: Love Jane, Work Hard, Have Fun.
We are creating these community standards not because we anticipate bad behavior, but because we want to have an established plan to support the Jane Community as it grows and provide clear avenues to correct community culture should it ever stray. We commit to enforce and evolve these standards as our community grows.
Jane Community Standards
The following community standards are expected to be upheld by all Jane Community members.
- Treat your fellow Jane community members with respect. Remember that there is a human on the other end of your interaction whether in-person, over email, phone call or social media post.
- Don’t discriminate. Jane is committed to maintaining an inclusive and welcoming community.
- All Jane community members, whether customers, employees or partners, are expected to conduct themselves in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner when interacting with other members of the Jane community.
- When we each do our part to make the Jane community a friendly and positive experience, we are all the better for it.
- Whether you are a Jane employee, customer or partner when you are active in the Jane community you have each other’s backs and are helpful to each other.
- Be respectful about the learning curve of others and understanding that members in the Jane community are all in different stages of their Jane journey from brand new members to some who have been with Jane since day one.
(When in Doubt) Be Jane
- When in doubt, ask yourself if it aligns with Jane’s values: Love Jane, Work Hard, Have Fun. If the answer is no, then look for a way to reframe your question, comment, or action in a manner that does.
The Fine Print
Reasons for removal from the Jane Community
You are supported by real people at Jane and within the Jane community. Any communication with any member of the Jane community that we deem to be inappropriate (either for language, tone, or attitude) will result in your removal from the Jane community and cancellation of your Jane subscription at the end of the current billing period. By opening a Jane account and participating in the Jane community you agree to communicate with Jane community members in a mutually respectful manner at all times.
Community Content Creation
Any content created by community members while acting as part of the Jane community is exclusively owned by Jane. You waive your moral rights to any and all copyrights. For more details on this please review our Code of Conduct.
Feedback & Reporting If something happens in the community, whether it’s good or bad, we want to make it easy for you to tell us. You can share any community feedback or reporting with us via email at email@example.com.
As our community grows and evolves so do our community standards. We may update the Jane Community Standards from time to time to ensure our community and our community standards are always in alignment.
Updated September 10th, 2019